We are a group of chefs, entrepreneurs and human rights activists working to improve the lives of impoverished children, those who care for them and the communities where they live. The Chefs4Kids Foundation raises money through:
• Cookies4kids promotions: We create chef-inspired custom food products, partnering with restaurants and businesses who sell them and donate a percentage of the profits to Chefs4Kids.
• Chef-led charity fundraisers: Our chefs donate their skills and connections to lead custom, fun and interactive events benefiting Chefs4Kids, and promote the sale of Cookies4kids products at their restaurants.
• Angel investors: we match socially concerned donors with specific projects run by organizations we have assessed and approved.
We have developed a strong and expanding network of grass roots organizations, domestically and around the world. We seek out and carefully select organizations aligned with our core values, and prepared to use the money we raise to change kids lives for the long term.
We believe the best way to help kids in need is by supporting them as they change their own situations, and by building healthy, economically empowered community structures within which they can thrive. Our focus is on:
• Helping to abolish child slavery.
• Empowering teens and young adults, through active participation in small businesses and micro credit.
• Engaging youth through sports.
Even effective grass roots organizations — those that have a deep understanding of their communities needs and a will to make a difference — may lack the education, skills or social capital to succeed.
Uwezowetu, our consulting group, has deep experience in program development, operations and training. By leveraging this expertise we can support the on-the-ground work of our partner organizations. Uwezowetu ensures our donations yield the maximum impact for kids, by providing:
• Training, mentoring and practical assistance in developing critical leadership, strategic thinking and business skills.
• Opportunities for collaboration, showing organizations how to work with each other to the benefit of all.
• Reduced overall costs to run individual programs, measurable increases in the productivity and success of our partner organizations.
The Culinary Advisory Board leads and develops our network of chefs committed to helping children through a variety of activities. Chefs4kids chefs might:
• Donate their time and creativity to lead unique fund-raising events benefiting Chefs4kids.
• Dream up new food items — like our Cookies4Kids Blondies—with our team of custom manufacturers, to be sold under the Cookies4kids program.
• Coordinate a Cookies4Kids fundraising program at their restaurant or business.
• Volunteer as a mentor to one of our culinary projects: a more profitable bakery, restaurant or even a food cart provides jobs that support a community.
Executive Sous Chef, Hyatt Regency; Head chef of Dukes Grocery in Washington DCLEARN MORE
Season 7 “Top Chef” fan favorite and “Top Chef: All-Stars” finalist; Entrepreneur and TV personalityLEARN MORE
James Beard Cookbook Award winner; renowned live fire and wood cooking expert, chef/owner of SMOKE restaurantLEARN MORE
The Chefs4Kids organizational structure and operations are supported by a team of professionals with deep experience in the non-profit world. Without them, we could not do the work we do, or get our message out.
• Nikki Logan Curran, Development
• Kerry Martin, CPA, Accountant
• Robin Grunder, Communications
We believe in the power of youth to help youth, and are inspired by the passion, dedication and skills that our interns have brought to Chefs4Kids. We know that the work they do for us will translate into success in their future endeavors. Going forward their help — both operationally and ultimately on the ground directly participating with our partner organizations — will continue to be critical to our growth. If you share our goals and are interested in an internship position with Chefs4Kids, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your participation and are open to your ideas. There are many ways to get involved, whether you are a chef, an entrepreneur, a philanthropist or just someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children. If you have the time and desire, we can find a way to make it work. Please reach out to us at email@example.com
If you have questions about other ways to get involved, we’d love to hear from you, and will respond as quickly as possible. We also love comments and feedback on our Facebook page.